There are enough scams in the auto transport industry as it is, so you must keep your wits if you want to benefit from. The following tips will give you a hint on what you need to do to combine saving money with common sense. Let’s begin with the first one on our list:
- Find a good company you are interested in and check out with them for a free quote. This will give you a much better result than just picking a company and going with it. Go ahead and call as many companies as you feel you need to as long as you find the ones that attract your attention the most. You should also provide them with enough information so you could have the most accurate quote possible.
- Avoid going with the lowest possible price. Although this seems like the easy way out it may not always be the right thing to do. You should avoid doing that as you may stumble upon a company that has to work with a carrier service, which generally slows down the process of moving. Make sure you know how they work before you use their services.
- Research the transport companies you’re planning on working and check them out carefully. You should check out the experiences of other people online and learn from them as you go. Begin by checking out the companies via web reviews, a simple online search and ask your friends whether they have hired them or know someone who has. This will give you a great example of how your chosen company handles its business. Make sure you stick to those companies that have been around and have a solid and trustworthy reputation, backed up by experience. Also make sure they are bonded, insured and licensed.
- Make a decision about the company of your choice and book your vehicle transport. Ensure you check for a confirmation e-mail or call from them and read their documentation in great detail before you sign. Always keep in mind that your e-signature is just as binding as your physical one so a reservation will be booked no matter how you handle things, face-to-face or electronically.
- Prepare your vehicle by removing your personal items. Auto carriers will prefer it if your vehicle has less than a quarter tank full of fuel since they won’t have to ship more weight than necessary. This means they’ll waste less fuel themselves and your transit will be cheaper. Check out the condition of your car before you ship it as well as you will want it to be in good shape. Disable the alarm system and wash it if you have to.
As the Marketing Manager at ShipYourCarNow and SYCN Auto Logistics, I am passionate about creating brand awareness, cultivating consumer interest, and enhancing engagement strategies on both the B2C and B2B fronts. My expertise extends to playing a pivotal role in developing and executing impactful strategies within the B2B realm. I excel in the successful implementation of digital marketing, content marketing, and design initiatives to drive results.
My marketing journey began with start-up experience in the automotive industry at BacklotCars, followed by honing my skills in B2B marketing with EducationDynamics. I thrive on leveraging my diverse experience to contribute innovative solutions to the dynamic challenges of the marketing landscape.
I am a proud graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (Go Huskers!) where I majored in Advertising and Public Relations with a minor in Communications. My academic foundation laid the groundwork for a successful career in marketing.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida has been my home since 2021, marking a vibrant chapter in my personal and professional journey. Originally from Kansas City, I bring a unique perspective shaped by my Midwestern roots.