There are many ways one can deal with auto shipping, however international auto shipping is a bit of a different deal than other ways of moving a car across the country. In many ways there are more details that need to be addressed than other situations. The following tips are aimed toward helping you with all those tasks so you won’t have to go through a hard time. Let’s begin with the first one on the list:
- Although an auto shipping company can deal with a great deal of things surrounding the moving process, you should also keep in mind that there are things you need to do yourself. Begin with the auto insurance you have available for your vehicle. Check out how much is covered by your current insurance policy and figure out whether you won’t need a better one if it doesn’t cover these expenses.
- Check out and prepare your documents and paperwork – you will need a letter from the title holder of the vehicle of the title itself, a declaration form and your own personal identification. In many situations the auto transport company will help take care of the paperwork, but you should ask them about it first.
- Prepare your car ahead of time by servicing it before the trip, making sure it has good tire pressure, stable fluid levels and a well-charged battery.
- Clean the vehicle and make sure you remove your belongings from it so they won’t get lost during transport. Check for scratches and note them down for future reference if there are any.
- Contact several companies for the best possible results of your search. You can check for company reviews online, comparing quotes as you go. This will help you filter out any companies that don’t fit your requirements. You should keep in mind that prices will vary depending on the distance traveled as well as the size of the vehicle and the cargo involved.
There are different methods of auto transport, but two are the ones that we’ll cover here:
- Containers used in transit are more expensive, however they are also much more safe than other solutions. This will protect the vehicle against the elements and may even be transported to a storage location of your choice.
- Open transport on a trailer will be the other possible decision you can deal with. They will be a cheaper solution, however it will also mean your vehicle will be more exposed to the elements.
- In the end an international move requires either air transport or sea transport to complete the circle in some cases and this means dealing with a lot of laws and regulations. Make sure you are aware of what you need to do so your vehicle won’t be kept from you.
A Guest Post from: http://www.handymoves.co.uk/west-london/removals-tw10-ham-manandvan.html
International Auto Shipping — 5 Things You Must Know
Senior automotive logistics professional with a passion for the industry and a 10+ year history of accomplishments. Proven track record of exemplary client management working with both RMCs, Van Lines and OEMs. Keen ability to react to an ever-changing marketplace while offering superior technology solutions, programs and services. Architect of award winning auto transport portal technology offering transparency and agility to clients, agents and transferees. Successful team builder and leader easily managing budgets with effective leadership, strategic planning, and problem-solving capabilities.